As a student at IUP, there are a few things you should know. For example, did you know that the food here is top-notch? And people say the drinks are pretty good too. 🙃 Plus, there’s always something to do on campus – whether it’s watching a movie at the cinema, working out at the gym, or checking out one of the many entertainment options. Keep reading for more tips on what to expect as a student at IUP!
One of the best things about Indiana is the food. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or a sit-down meal, Philly street has something for everyone. Make sure you have your Student ID with you – most places give students a discount. If you’re 21 or over, be sure to take advantage of happy hour specials at the many bars and restaurants around campus.
There’s always something to do IN Indiana. If you’re looking for entertainment, there are plenty of options:
- Events at Oak Grove
- IUP Clubs & Organizations
- Concerts & Shows at the KCAC
- Amazing Local Breweries (for those of age)
- Delicious restaurants
- Air Shows at the Jimmy Stewart Airport
image from iup.edu
Got a car? Take a local trip 15 minutes in any direction from IUP and you’ll find:
- State parks & lakes like Yellow Creek
- Biking and Hiking along the Ghost Town Trail
- Year-round Fairs & Festivals
Or take a drive an hour or two away and find:
- Skiing & Snowboarding at Seven Springs
- Hiking in Ohiopyle State Park
- Whitewater Rafting on the Youghiogheny River
- Kayaking down the Beaver River
As you can see, there’s never a dull moment surrounding Indiana County! Go Hawks!